4 Questions About HVAC Preventative Maintenance Answered
No one wants to experience their A/C failing on a hot, humid day or their furnace breaking down in the middle of a freezing winter night. When you don’t keep up with routine maintenance for your heating and cooling systems, you open yourself up to those risks, which can land you a hefty price tag for emergency repairs or replacement, or even endanger your safety.
This is why a HVAC preventative maintenance subscription – like TechCheck from Technical Hot & Cold – is such a worthwhile investment.
What is HVAC Preventative Maintenance?
The goal of preventative maintenance is to keep your HVAC systems running perfectly during their seasons of operation, without any surprise breakdowns that could potentially end up costing you a bundle in emergency repairs. Additionally, preventative maintenance can help to extend the lifespan of your heating and cooling equipment, which can save you thousands in early replacement costs.
There are a couple preventative maintenance tasks that you can (and should) perform yourself including:
- Changing air filters every 30-90 days
- Cleaning debris like leaves and grass from the A/C unit
- Cleaning air vents and making sure they aren’t blocked by rugs or furniture
However, it might be difficult for the average homeowner to keep up with more technical maintenance tasks which require the specialized training and tools that only professional HVAC technicians have. Here are some things that you should leave to us:
- Clean condenser coils
- Evaluate coolant levels
- Calibrate the thermostat
- Inspect the ductwork
- Check all electrical connections
- Clean and adjust the blower
- Check refrigerant
- Inspect the igniter and flame sensor
- Clean the burner
- Check system static pressure
- Check gas pressure
- Check fuel lines
All of these tasks (and more) are included in our TechCheck Preventative Maintenance Subscription, meaning you never have to worry about them!
Is an HVAC Preventative Maintenance Subscription Worth It?
Absolutely! Think of your HVAC system like your car. Chances are you wouldn’t drive for 30,000 miles without getting an oil change, tire rotation, or other essential tune-up services. The same idea applies to your heating and cooling equipment.
Preventative maintenance can reduce your risk of unexpected, costly breakdowns by as much as 95%. How costly, you ask? Let’s run some numbers that you could face without a preventative maintenance plan for your HVAC system:
- Average Furnace Replacement: $4,000-$8,000+
- Average Central Air Replacement: $5,000-$8,000+
- Average Service Call: $500-$1,000+
Our TechCheck Preventative Maintenance Subscription costs ONLY $198 per year - that’s less than $1 a day!
How Often Do I Need HVAC Preventative Maintenance?
A TechCheck subscription includes two annual inspections: one in the spring/summer for your A/C and one in the fall/winter for your furnace. Rather than having to pay out of pocket for each of these inspections, both of which you should have completed each year, they are included in your subscription – in addition to other benefits!
You don’t even have to schedule the inspections yourself. All of our TechCheck subscribers receive an automatic place on our schedule – we take care of everything for you. Or, in the event that you do experience issues with your HVAC system, we guarantee same-day service and FREE 24/7 diagnostic visits.
Are there any other benefits to HVAC preventative maintenance?
The benefits of an HVAC preventative maintenance program most certainly extend beyond protecting you against surprise breakdowns and replacements, including:
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: When your HVAC system isn’t working like it should, it can have a dangerous impact on your health as the quality of the air you breathe indoors suffers. Preventative maintenance is key to ensuring that your furnace and A/C are producing clean, comfortable, conditioned air throughout your home.
- Reduced Energy Costs: There are several issues that can affect the ability of your HVAC system to heat and cool your home efficiently, which causes it to work longer and harder, hiking up your monthly energy bills as a result. Preventative maintenance can resolve these issues, putting more money back in your pocket over the course of each season.
- Improved Safety: When not properly maintained, your HVAC system can pose numerous threats to your safety including fires, explosions, structural damage, carbon monoxide leaks, natural gas leaks, and more. Our technicians know what these hazards look like on the technical level and can resolve them on the spot during a preventative maintenance visit before they lead to injury or worse.
Subscribe to THC TechCheck and Never Worry About Maintenance Again!
Technical Hot & Cold has been serving the heating and cooling needs of our customers in the Metro Detroit area and beyond for 30+ years. Our comprehensive range of services includes our convenient TechCheck Preventative Maintenance Subscription program designed to help you be proactive with the health of your HVAC system, and ensure that it keeps your family comfortable and safe for years to come.
Learn more about THC TechCheck by clicking the button below, or give us a call at (734) 326-3900 if you have any questions!