Routine Maintenance Helps You Prevent & Avoid Costly Repairs, or Worse Furnace Failure!
Furnace Multi-Point Inspection & Humidifier Service Check
Why Install a Whole Home Humidifier?
- Improve indoor air quality, improve lung health, alleviate allergy/asthma symptoms and reduce instances of illness
- The EPA lists indoor air quality as a top environmental health threat!
- To clean the air in your home from harmful airborne pollutants, it must be filtered to remove particles, airborne allergens, and other biologicals
- Make your home feel warmer in the winter months with the proper humidity
- Maintaining relative home humidity below 50% prevents dust mite infestations, mold and mildew growth, and inhibits bacteria
- Protect your home furnishings, wood, cabinets, and paint from drying out and cracking
- Reduce static electricity in your home
How Do You Know If Your Humidifier Needs Service or Needs to be Replaced?
- Water Isn't Flowing to the Humidifier
- No Water is Exiting the Drain Hose
- Fan Won't Turn On
- Strange Noises
- Water Leaks
- Humidistat Isn't Working
- Valve Failure
Routine Humidifier Cleaning & Preventative Maintenance
Service – What’s Included?
- Clean the humidifier’s reservoir to remove bacteria and mineral deposits (for reservoir-style whole home humidifiers)
- Clean mineral buildup from the humidifier’s orifice, solenoid, and other components
- Level the humidifier for proper operation
- Check for leaks and standing water around your whole home humidifier
- Check humidistat for proper operation
Don’t Forget to Replace Humidifier Pads Annually!
- Humidifier drain lines may clog, causing water backup, flooding, and damage to the unit and surrounding areas
- Furnace performance may suffer – a dirty filter pad places more stress on the system’s fan motor
- Temperature problems indoors caused by the lack of humidity
- Increased static electricity in the home due to dry air
- Dry skin, nose bleeds, and other health issues caused by the lack of moisture in your air
- Mold and bacteria growth caused by water backup in the unit